We have had the fabulous privilege of photographing wedding’s in this wonderful county for many year’s and have recorded many many wedding’s throughout Somerset and of course farther afield, however, for now, we’ll concentrate on Somerset wedding venue’s.
I quite often receive emails from Brides and the occasional Groom asking me which wedding venues in Somerset do I place in my top 10 list.
We have had the fabulous privilege of photographing wedding’s in this wonderful county for many year’s and have recorded many many wedding’s throughout Somerset and of course farther a field however for now we’ll concentrate on Somerset wedding venue’s.
Below you will find a list of my top ten wedding venues and a few details as to the location and history of each venue.
1) THE MANOR HOUSE IN CASTLE COMBE, THE COTSWOLDS Breathtakingly situated in Wiltshire and on the outskirts of Bath lies Castle Combe village. Untouched since the 17th century, this chocolate box Cotswold village is home to the definitive country retreat.
2) STON EASTON PARK – Nestled in 36 acres of beautiful West Country parkland, Ston Easton Park is unique; this country house hotel is adorned with original antique furniture, sumptuous fabrics and glistening chandeliers, yet the warm welcome and homely atmosphere prevails, creating an idyllic home-away-from-home.
3) BRYMPTON DE EVERCY HOUSE – One of Somerset’s finest Stately Homes is available to rent for your Exclusive Use. Just two hours away from London, Brympton House is a stunning Country House Wedding Venue with overnight accommodation for up to forty guests as well as an impressive space for corporate events and private functions.
4) ORCHARDLEIGH HOUSE – Orchardleigh is a private 500 acre Estate situated in the heart of stunning Somerset, 10 miles from the historical city of Bath. The Estate boasts a truly stunning 19th Century Victorian Stately Home with accommodation for up to 172 guests, surrounded by a breath taking countryside landscape, beautiful gardens, 35 acres of ornamental lakes, two Estate Churches and an 18-hole Golf Course .
5) HASELBURY MILL – Often described as “Probably the most beautiful setting in the South West of England” The original buildings date back many centuries and are of great local interest with a history stretching back to the times of William the Conqueror and are reportedly mentioned in the Doomsday Book. Haselbury Mill is truly the ultimate somerset venue to commemorate and celebrate the special days in your life.
6) HOMEWOOD PARK – Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes.
7) THE MOUNT SOMERSET – The Mount Somerset Hotel and Spa in Taunton, Somerset is a stunning 19 bedroom Regency country house hotel, set in four acres of beautiful grounds. This grand dame of a building sits high upon her mount, cradled in between the Quantock and Blackdown Hills, affording guests some of the best views in Somerset. With its high ceilings, sweeping spiral staircase, opulent decor and a feeling of gentle elegance and luxury, The Mount Somerset has all the characteristics of a quintessential English Regency mansion. Well established as one of the finest luxury hotels and restaurants in the region, The Mount Somerset has won a host of awards including two AA Rosettes for outstanding cuisine and four AA stars for comfort and hospitality, making it the perfect venue for a dinner, a weekend away or a wedding in Somerset
8) HORNSBURY MILL – Hornsbury Mill is the ideal venue for your wedding in Somerset. Your ceremony will take place either in the atmospheric candlelit Cornloft, or outside in the Gazebo in the landscaped gardens beside the lake with its beautiful fountain and curious feathered residents (weather permitting).
9) OLD BRIDGE SOMERSET – The lawns and garden provide the perfect reception area for canapés and informal mingling, and the wooded area is a quiet romantic network of paths and photo opportunities by the stream. The marquee – decorated by yourselves and entirely as you wish the day before, has seating for up to 200 on round tables, and a large dance floor. There is a separate and discreet catering area, and you have the freedom to arrange the food, alcohol and entertainment entirely as you wish. You are completely in control with access the day before, and the day after, and of course exclusive use at all times.
10) ST AUDRIES PARK – Are you looking for wedding venues in Somerset? St Audries Park is the perfect location for both your wedding and reception. Situated within 100 acres of tranquil deer park, overlooking the rolling Quantock Hills and the Bristol Channel beyond, this fairytale manor house provides the perfect exclusive use venue for your special day and was voted ‘Best Wedding Venue’ in 2013 by the readers of Wedding Ideas Magazine.
These are just some of my favorite wedding venue’s, I have selected these due to the beauty of the venue, the ground’s and staff but also on a slightly more selfish note, because they are incredibly beautiful for my wedding photography photo’s!
Obviously we have many many more Venues that we absolutely love and highly recommend for your wedding; please just give us a call and we will be glad to provide you more information and answer your questions with regards to venues and of course our wedding Photography services.
www.thefxworks.co.uk – for more tips and information