Frequently Asked Questions
Brides Preparations – YES or NO
The choice as to whether you have Bridal preparations photographed is as individual as you, please do not feel you have to have this intimate part of your wedding day photographed purely because you have read this as a must-have on all the Bridal information you receive.
Firstly, it’s about you; are you and the wedding party comfortable with having this very intimate part of your day photographed?
Brides can sometimes feel this is something they should have however Brides, close family and the wedding party may not wish to be photographed on the morning of the wedding. You and your family may wish to begin the day quietly with just those you love around; we are extremely unobtrusive when working however this is something you may need to consider. This service is also Bridal Preparations and we stay with the Bride for this part of the preparations, this is very much where reportage photography comes into play.
(In a straight-sex wedding, I would focus most of my pre-wedding time with the bride, however, if the couple is getting ready at the same location then “at times and if possible” spend time between both. When separate locations have been chosen, I would spend this time with the Bride. In a same-sex wedding where separate locations for the preparations have been chosen (two brides or two grooms) I would ask they decide, well in advance, who wishes to have this part of the day photographed)
Secondly; Location; you and I need to consider the location of your preparations; is this to be held at your home/parents’ home or at the venue? I’m superb with my Art but please do consider the location is their room and natural light! My role within your day is to capture memories, fantastic images that you love my skill as a professional Photographer enables me to photograph in any location. I am a professional and I do require space in which to work because I want you and your guests to have space, to feel relaxed, enabling me to photograph the excitement and atmosphere; natural lighting, atmosphere enables me to create these memories for you, photographs you will be thrilled with.
As your wedding photographer, I also have a caveat as to whether I record this; my sole intention is to provide you with outstanding award-winning photographs, memories of your wedding, however, firstly I need to also consider the location.
1) how far from the Ceremony is your Bridal Preparations, I will not jeopardise missing, you, the Groom, groomsmen, family and friends arrive at your ceremony due to circumstances such as traffic, parking etc
2) We always leave an hour prior to your ceremony to ensure we arrive well in advance, due to traffic and/or parking.
Therefore should you wish to have photographs of you having your wedding gown being laced, please ensure this begins in advance of us leaving for your ceremony.
Many photographers add this service as an up-sell with regards to pricing; this can be hidden within the overall price. (We do not add any extra to costs within our service to photograph this part of your day)
all Bride PREPARATION photography is reportage photography, very relaxed and capturing natural images.
[ BRIDAL PREPARATION (IMAGES ONLY) -WHEN YOU CHOOSE THE FUSION PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICE ]
Formal Group Photo’s
How many Group Photos should we have taken? This a popular question from couples; one of the most important aspects of your day are the memories you have recorded however I’m sure you have experienced weddings where the Photography has taken up more time than you and your guests enjoying the special moments with friends and family, this is why it is essential to balance the number of Group photos, I personally, would recommend keeping these to a minimum, then you and your guests can truly enjoy the celebrations. Naturally, if you have any impromptu shots throughout the day, let me know, it’s never a problem what so ever. However I always say, “you want to spend as much time with your family and friends as possible, should you wish to have just the two of you photographed we love to spend 20 mins with the two of you, away from your guests.
4K Wedding Video Service
Your wedding montage will be taken from various moments throughout your wedding, please do take a look at the montage added to the top of this page.
- Venue scenes
- The entrance of the Bride
- The vows (On confirmation of the Priest/ REGISTRARS)
- Your first kiss
- The procession down the aisle
- Entrance to the Wedding Breakfast
- Grooms Speech
- Cutting of the Cake
- First dance (20:00pm – 21:00pm)
Your wedding montage will be edited beautiful, to include 5 of your memorable songs, music to enhance your wedding film. Your Wedding Film will be filmed in the latest 4k format, you will receive the completed montage on a beautiful USB drive and should you wish uploaded to Youtube channel for all your Family and friends to view. The length of your wedding video does somewhat depend on the length of the Groomsman speech however from experience 20 minutes – 45 minutes.
In order to ensure the vows are recorded clearly, we shall place a pin microphone on the Groom to capture the vows from the couple. Should the Groom decide not to wear a Pin mic then understand there is a high possibility that the vows would not be recorded clearly.
Please be aware that on occasions the Priest, Vicar or Registrar may not allow photography and/or video to be taken from the front of the church (facing the Bride and Groom) therefore photography and/or filming will be done from the rear of the venue/Church.
I felt the best way to explain this question would be for me to write a small article to provide my reasons for not employing a second photographer for my wedding’s I photograph.
You can read this information (HERE)
Yes, I have recorded many weddings with celebrities, from George Michael, Jenson Button, Billy Ocean, Connie Fisher, Paddy Brennan, Bewitched, 911, many West end stars.
Another popular question, I love working with natural light, keeping the true ambiance of the scene, overuse of flash alters the look and feel of the image, if there are soft lights, candlelit rooms, then I love to capture this within the photograph where possible.
It’s always a pleasure to meet with clients however this isn’t necessary, weddings are very time consuming for the Bride and Groom, and therefore you can relax and leave everything to me with regards to recording your day also because of the documentary-style we love to let the day unfold naturally.
Every Bride wants beautiful weather, however, this really isn’t an issue, I have photographed weddings in Snow, Rain, Hail, and thunderstorms, every situation adds to the occasion and quite often overcast days have the most incredible natural light.
Your wedding photos will be ready for you 2 weeks after your wedding; these we will be sent to you Special Delivery. Your personal Gallery will be uploaded for you to view/download two weeks after your wedding, from your very own Gallery page, you can design and order you beautiful bespoke album.
Over 25 years, I used to work freelance for many large corporate companies and have produced work for companies such as Disney and Sony however I only document weddings now as this has always been my passion.
We do not limit the number of images you receive for your wedding. Many photography companies will offer a limit of 300/400 on disk, my style of photography is to ensure I capture the perfect shot therefore when you receive your photos, they are individual images and no limit is set, it could be anything from 700/1000 on USB
Absolutely, this is very important as it adds that special touch to your Wedding Video highlights.
Yes, we supply a coffee table and the beautiful leather-bound stunning wedding album.
I have been a photographer and cameraman for many years and I understand the Wedding Photography Art to a T, I shoot with top Pro cameras which are known to be the best cameras in the world, they produce incredible imagery, my service to you is to provide you with outstanding and finished works, therefore I do not supply unedited or RAW images or footage.
I make it my aim for you to receive your photographs on your return from the honeymoon or two weeks after your wedding.
Two hours before your ceremony if you are not having pre-prep, with pre-prep we arrive an hour before.
Unlike many companies; you book me and I photograph your day for you.
Many Brides ask this question and the answer is approximately 50% of a wedding is document are inside, the Ceremony, Speeches, cutting of the cake and your first dance.
A great tip to bear in mind is, try to keep the conversations with your guests as short as possible, if you have 80 guests and each guest chats for a minute the time runs away for you.
Images: Unlike many other companies, you receive all your images taken on your day, there is absolutely no limit on the photos taken, and there are no hidden costs.
Booking Fee: To secure your date, a booking fee of £100.00 is required; the full balance is due six before your wedding
You will be thrilled with our Wedding Photography and/or Video Service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- On receipt of the Booking Fee constitutes an order for the Photographing, Editing. It is understood that any and all materials remain the property of the FX works.
- The Photographer limits any liability for loss, damage or failure to deliver the service due to technical failure/Death and or injury, to return of all deposits and/or Balance made.
- Upon receiving the booking fee, the FX works reserves the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, all booking fees (and/or Balances received as of section 6 below) are non-refundable, even if the date is changed or Venue canceled for any reason.
- Under extenuating circumstances, and subsequent discussions with the client, thefxworks will offer to provide the Photography and//or filming services for a future date.
- Unless noted above all film and previews are the property of the FX works. Only the terms as written herein binding upon the parties.
- Non-payment of the balance by the due date will entitle the FX works to secure another booking and/or (unless extenuating circumstances) will not be present at the wedding. (Balance due 6 weeks before)
- If Cancellation is received – (payment to thefxworks as follows) Cancellation received 85 days = 30% Balance: 60 days = 50% Balance: 55 days = 70% Balance: 42 days = 100 % Balance must be paid. (Refer to section 4)
If you are Pre-Booking your wedding in advance of [ 18 months ] thefxworks will request Full balance in order to secure your date both for you the client, and thefxworks for insurance purposes.
- As a rule, reminder notices will not be issued.
- No part of any order may be delivered until the balance is paid in full.
- The Client is hereby notified and agrees that the Photography is not an exact science and if a film or other materials prove defective, because of defects in materials, equipment, or procedures, the undersigned agrees specifically to waive claims of negligence, breach of warranty or contract, mental harm or distress.
- Photochromatic Anomalies: Owing to the reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially in man-made fibers, it is sometimes impossible to record on camera the exact color of materials as seen by the human eye. The images will provide a pleasing color balance based on flesh tones.
- If you are choosing to have the 4K wedding video ONLY please understand that the recording of the vows is on the understanding that confirmation of the Priest/ Registrars to allow this.
- The FX works liability is limited to refund of booking fees and/or Balance.
- It is highly recommended that clients make personal backups of all images to cloud storage as thefxworks will only hold full backup for 3 months.
- Please ensure you have read and fully understood our FAQs with regards to Bridal preparation and Group Photos.